Here is how we defined our very own “Manifesto for Garage Software Craftsmanship” 💥👇 #agile
[A] Understanding “Agile Manifesto” values and principles
We explained and discussed each of the 4 values and 12 principles.
We set our goal to understand “What agile means”… as there are many misconceptions and myths around it. (One of the most common myth is that agile means fast).
Then, we continued…
[B] Exploring “Manifesto for Software Craftsmanship”
….to raise the bar of professional software development by practicing it and helping others learn the craft.
This was actually a point where team starts to see the concept of agility more naturally.
We discussed the difference between this Software Craftsmanship and Agile Manifesto. Then, team came up with the idea to create our very own Manifesto.
So we moved on by…
[C] Creating “Manifesto for Garage Software Craftsmanship”
…using our #retrospectives to found out patterns in our work.
Those patterns, with Agile Manifest and Software Craftsmanship in mind, helped us to formulated following 1O principles for our very own Manifesto for Garage Software Craftsmanship:
1. We will ask the team rather than trying to solve the problem at all costs alone.
2. We will regularly educate ourselves, keep an overview of current technologies and apply them in practice.
3. We will maintain changes and necessary steps for testing and release needs.
4. We will maintain the current status of our tasks.
5. We will share our lessons learned.
6. We will promote innovations to reduce technical debt.
7. We will review ALL merge requests. Two likes minimum.
8. We will maintain functional tests of API endpoints.
9. We will maintain the high-level business logic docs.
10. We will maintain our Git clean.
These are the principles we add to Agile Manifesto targeting our work, we created at BOOTIQ, part of BiQ Group.
Those principles we share with all our newcomers to successfully be onboarded to the team. Our goal is to excel in our work.
Let me know if you have your own Craftsmanship?
Cheers and thank your for your time.
#scrum #scrummaster #agileteams #agilecoach